Super simple recipe! It’s my go-to for every pot-luck and get-together and a Thanksgiving and Christmas MUST for my family! The photo above is the beauty-impress-someone-version, but typically I make the easiest method. Either variation ends with an empty pie dish; I promise!
Is it healthy? If you make the beauty version, you are getting at least one serving of fresh fruit. Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, needed for a healthy immune system and tissue repair. These bright and beautiful berries contain folate, fiber and potassium. Rich in anthocyanin, berries are linked to the prevention of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.pub-4561044891259873, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Okay, self…I guess I should work on making the beauty version more often.
Print this recipe and use it for holidays, pot-lucks, block parties and bribing your children! (Don’t worry do-gooders! I always accompany my bribe with a God-centered lesson)!
- 1 Pre-made or store-bought graham cracker crust (I prefer Keebler)
- 1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8oz can) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise or 1 15 oz can fruit pie filling
- 3 Tbsp Apple jelly
- 1. Combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in mixer until smooth (small lumps are okay).
- 2. Pour mixture into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, remove from refrigerator and top with sliced strawberries or canned fruit filling.
- 4. If using fresh fruit, gently warm apple jelly in microwave and baste strawberries or other fresh fruit of choice for a shiny presentation.
- Use any fresh fruit or fruit pie filling to your liking.
Is it low-fat? See my post 12 Confessions of a Dietitian.