I made a super easy chicken pot pie using frozen pie crust, leftover rotisserie chicken breast, chopped carrots, broccoli florets and frozen mixed vegetables with green beans, lima beans and green peas.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What was your green yesterday? Scroll down to comments and let me know!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Fresh & Frozen Vegetables
The perfect one pot meal with plenty of fresh vegetables rotissere chicken breasts with a creamy reduced fat sauce
- 4 ounces pulled rotissere chicken breast
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- frozen pie crust of choice
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil rectangle casserole dish or 9 1/2" pie plate. Thaw frozen pie crust per package directions.
- Boil fresh and frozen vegetables, excluding frozen green peas for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add flour and seasonings and stir with a whisk until smooth and bubbly. Add liquids. Cook slowly, stirring often until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Fold in chicken and vegetables.
- Transfer one sheet of dough to pie plate or casserole dish and mold into dish, leaving about a 1" overhang. Spoon filling into dish. Transfer additional sheet of dough over top of filling and fold overlapping edges of dough under to make a firm edge or seal with a fork.
- Using a sharp knife, make 4 slits in the center of the pie. Brush top of dough with egg wash (optional).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top of crust is browned.