What was your green yesterday? Scroll down to comments and let me know!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Fresh & Frozen Vegetables
The perfect one pot meal with plenty of fresh vegetables rotissere chicken breasts with a creamy reduced fat sauce
- 4 ounces pulled rotissere chicken breast
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- frozen pie crust of choice
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil rectangle casserole dish or 9 1/2" pie plate. Thaw frozen pie crust per package directions.
- Boil fresh and frozen vegetables, excluding frozen green peas for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Add flour and seasonings and stir with a whisk until smooth and bubbly. Add liquids. Cook slowly, stirring often until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Fold in chicken and vegetables.
- Transfer one sheet of dough to pie plate or casserole dish and mold into dish, leaving about a 1" overhang. Spoon filling into dish. Transfer additional sheet of dough over top of filling and fold overlapping edges of dough under to make a firm edge or seal with a fork.
- Using a sharp knife, make 4 slits in the center of the pie. Brush top of dough with egg wash (optional).
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top of crust is browned.
If you haven’t committed to The One Thing Challenge, it isn’t too late! Click this link to begin a healthier YOU, one simple step at a time: The One Thing Challenge