- bok choy
- broccoli florets
- cauliflower florets
- butternut, yellow or acorn squash
- brussels sprouts
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Tahini Dressing
Not only healthy and delicious, this is such a versatile dish. Add any veggies you like best to make it your own
- 1. vegetables of choice for roasting (sweet potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, root vegetables, kale or bok choy, onions and garlic)
- 2. fresh or dried herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, cilantro, curry, turmeric). If using fresh, wash, pat dry and roughly chop
- 3. quinoa (any variety)
- 4. Vegetable stock
- 5. salt and pepper TT
- your quinoa should be proportional to the amount of vegetables you use. Use the amount of stock recommended on the back of the quinoa container according to the amount of servings you desire.
For the tahini dressing
- 1. 1/3 cup tahini, well stirred
- 2. 1/3 cup water
- 3. 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4. 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 5. 3/4 Tbsp salt
- 6. 1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables of choice. Roughly chop fresh garlic. Place chopped veggies on a roasting pan covered with parchment or a silicone mat. Coat vegetables with olive, avocado or grape seed oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and fresh or dried herbs of choice.
- Roast vegetables for 25-35 minutes, tossing at least once while roasting.
- While vegetables roast, cook 2 cups of dried quinoa or more, according to number of desired servings. Follow directions on package. Use vegetable broth to replace water for a more flavorful outcome.
- As veggies and quinoa cook, whisk tahini, water, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and sugar, if using in a small bowl until well combined.
- When quinoa is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Place quinoa into serving bowls. Drizzle half of the tahini dressing over quinoa. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Top quinoa with roasted vegetables and drizzle vegetables with the remaining tahini dressing. Top with herbs.
- To save time, use pre-chopped vegetables, as available
- Use dehydrated garlic or garlic powder to save time
- In a pinch, use bottled lemon juice