If you’re racking your brain for a meatless Monday meal, look no further! My roasted veggie quinoa bowl is simple, delicious, low in fat and packed with nutrients. Quinoa is a complete protein, so one serving has all 9 essential amino acids. Essential amino acids are protein-building compounds that your body requires to build protein that must be consumed. In other words, your body does not make them on its own. Quinoa is a great source of magnesium, zinc, iron, folate, potassium, vitamin E, riboflavin and fiber!
The protein and fiber in this meal will leave you full and satisfied. I promise, you won’t miss the meat!pub-4561044891259873, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
If you’re on the fence about including meatless meals into your repertoire, consider this: not only are the health benefits tremendous, but going veg even once a week plays a role in reducing livestock global emissions. Farm animals account for 14.5% of all greenhouse admissions and 1/3 of methane emissions!
You can save yourself time by buying pre-cut veggies. Here, I used sweet potatoes, zucchini, red and orange bell pepper, and of course, onions and garlic. As if I ever make anything without onions and garlic.
You can also speed things up with these products:
This is a versatile dish. Add cheese if you like (parmesan, mozzarella or smoked gouda sound like good choices). Add any fresh herb you like such as oregano, parsley, thyme or even mint). Use a variety of dried herbs during the roasting process. Roast any vegetable you prefer! Here are several other vegetable ideas that roast well:
- bok choy
- broccoli florets
- cauliflower florets
- butternut, yellow or acorn squash
- brussels sprouts
Here’s the recipe:
- 1. vegetables of choice for roasting (sweet potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, root vegetables, kale or bok choy, onions and garlic)
- 2. fresh or dried herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, mint, cilantro, curry, turmeric). If using fresh, wash, pat dry and roughly chop
- 3. quinoa (any variety)
- 4. Vegetable stock
- 5. salt and pepper TT
- your quinoa should be proportional to the amount of vegetables you use. Use the amount of stock recommended on the back of the quinoa container according to the amount of servings you desire.
- 1. 1/3 cup tahini, well stirred
- 2. 1/3 cup water
- 3. 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4. 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 5. 3/4 Tbsp salt
- 6. 1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables of choice. Roughly chop fresh garlic. Place chopped veggies on a roasting pan covered with parchment or a silicone mat. Coat vegetables with olive, avocado or grape seed oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and fresh or dried herbs of choice.
- Roast vegetables for 25-35 minutes, tossing at least once while roasting.
- While vegetables roast, cook 2 cups of dried quinoa or more, according to number of desired servings. Follow directions on package. Use vegetable broth to replace water for a more flavorful outcome.
- As veggies and quinoa cook, whisk tahini, water, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and sugar, if using in a small bowl until well combined.
- When quinoa is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Place quinoa into serving bowls. Drizzle half of the tahini dressing over quinoa. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Top quinoa with roasted vegetables and drizzle vegetables with the remaining tahini dressing. Top with herbs.
- To save time, use pre-chopped vegetables, as available
- Use dehydrated garlic or garlic powder to save time
- In a pinch, use bottled lemon juice
Please comment if you try this recipe with a different variety of vegetables or even a single vegetable! I would love to hear from you!pub-4561044891259873, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
7 thoughts on “Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl with Simple Tahini Dressing”
Now this is my kind of recipe – just a list of ingredients!!!
Thanks! I bet you have some great ideas about how to make this tastes even better!
Great post Kelly
Thank you for reading and commenting!
This is one of your little monsters 😊great post!
Follow my Mom’ posts! Check out the breakfast parfaits! It’s my favorite!!!🤩🤩
You’re a sweet little monster! Thank you for commenting, my sweet daughter! I love you!