To make extra sriracha soy sauce, use 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, 3 Tbsp sriracha, 3 Tbsp rice vinegar, 1 1/2 Tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp ginger.To cut fat and calories, remove skin from chicken before pouring sriracha soy sauce over chicken and carrots after roasting. Here are some things you’ll need to make this meal even easier: and of course, a grocery list: Grocery List:
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Sesame oil
- 1 lb carrots
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar, unseasoned
- fresh or powdered ginger
- scallions (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
One Skillet Sriracha Soy Chicken with Carrots
Super Simple Cast Iron Skillet Meal
Write a review
- Six skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb carrots, washed and peeled
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 Tbsp honey, preferably local
- 1/4 tsp ginger or 1 1"piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 scallions for serving(optional)
- toasted sesame seeds for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat a large dry skillet, preferably cast iron over medium-low heat.
- Wash and peel carrots and cut into 4" segments. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry 6 chicken thighs and season with salt on both sides. Rub skin side of thighs with sesame oil. Transfer thighs to heated skillet, skin side down and cook about 5 minutes and chicken is starting to brown. Rotate skillet to ensure even browning. Flip thighs once golden brown and continue to cook until meat is opaque all around, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer skin side up to a clean plate.
- Pour all fat from skillet. Add carrots and arrange so that each carrot is touching the bottom of the cast iron skillet. Cook, undisturbed, until lightly charred on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn carrots and lightly char the opposite side, then season lightly with salt. Transfer skillet to oven. Roast 8-10 minutes.
- While carrots roast, combine soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1/4 tsp ginger in a small bowl with a whisk until well combined.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven. Arrange chicken thighs over carrots and drizzle sauce over. Return to oven and roast until chicken reaches 165 degrees with thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat near the bone, 12-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Slice scallions. Transfer chicken and carrots to a platter and drizzle with pan juices. Top with sliced scallions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Great served with Jasmine rice!
- This will be an incredible vegetarian and vegan dish! Just replace chicken with firm tofu. Pan sear with a bit of sesame oil, then follow the recipe for the remaining steps!
Adapted from Bon Appetite
Adapted from Bon Appetite