Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Peas
Simple and delicious, this makes a great side or meal!
Write a review
- 1 lb small shell pasta or 1 lb fusilli
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, breast torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto, homemade or jarred
- 1/3 cup Hellmanns or Duke's mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 large or 2 small cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Boil pasta al dente according to box directions. While pasta cooks, prepare pesto, if making. If using jarred pesto, measure 1/2 cup and set aside. Rinse frozen peas until thawed and measure mayonnaise. Set aside.
For the pesto
- Mix basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor. Process until mixture forms a paste. Slowly drizzle olive oil until pesto is well-combined and fairly smooth.
- Place cooked and slightly cooled pasta into large bowl. Add chicken, pesto, mayonnaise, peas and half a lemon, squeezed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Make ahead and refrigerate for a quick and tasty last-minute meal
*this site contains Amazon affiliate links which support this site at no cost to you.