3 Step Healthy Meal.
Step 1: Gather and chop.Mince 1 medium yellow onion and 3 cloves garlic (toss in 4 Tbsp dried minced onion and 1/2 tsp garlic powder instead to save time). Measure 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Feel free to use pre-shredded cheeses. *note: packaged, pre-shredded cheeses do not melt as smoothly as block cheeses, cost more and do not keep as long in the fridge. If you prefer to use block cheese but, don’t want to deal with the burden and extra time involved in hand-shredding, you’ll need a salad shooter! It is the easiest and fastest way to shred cheese for any recipe. Plus, you can throw it in the dishwasher. Mincing onion and garlic in a mini-food processor has saved me more time in the kitchen than you could imagine! But, no pressure; if you want your family to eat healthy, but would rather eat a bug than spend time in the kitchen, use dried herbs and seasonings! Place 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Grab 1 lb short-cut pasta, such as shells, macaroni or rigatoni and a 24 oz jar of marinara sauce. Fresh or dried parsley and basil for garnish, optional. Have some cooking oil handy (olive oil, avocado oil or canola).
Step 2: Cook chicken.
Step 3: Let’s throw this dish together!Using the same skillet or stock pot, add onion and garlic, scraping up browned bits from the cooked chicken. Cook 3 minutes or until onions are softened.
3 Step Chicken Parmesan Pasta
A healthy and delicious meal your family will love in just three easy steps!
Write a review
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced or 4 Tsp dried, minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 box (16 oz) short cut pasta
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- fresh parsley, basil or parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Collect and measure ingredients.
- In a large stock pot or skillet, add a hefty drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes or according to package directions if using frozen, until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove to plate and chop once cool enough to handle.
- Add onion and garlic to the same pot, cooking until onion is soft, scraping bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in marinara sauce. Fill empty jar with water and add to pot. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta; cover and cook 10-15 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted. Sprinkle with parsley, basil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- To save time, use dried seasonings and spices, pre-packaged shredded cheeses and frozen chicken.
*this site contains Amazon affiliate links which support this site at no cost to you.